New member Phil

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello my name is Phil Brigham. I live in Massachusetts about equal distance from Boston, Cape Cod and Providence, RI
I'm an old guy, 72 years old been gigging since I was 14. I play in country bands, classic hits bands, soft rock duos, Irish music, but my so called "music career" is winding down. Way back when I was 18 I lived in France with my parents (my Dad's job transferred us there)
I was in a British and American band and the keyboard player, bass player and myself co-wrote songs for a movie. Much later on Quentin Tarantino used one of the songs in the Kill Bill Volume 2 film

My first Boogie amp was a Mark 2C+ combo that I bought used in 1988. It was too heavy, too loud and I didn't quite get the best way to use the cascading gain knobs, etc. About 10 years ago I sold it for more than I paid for it, even factoring inflation.

That didn't put me off Boogie amps though, I bought a Mark V25 head and a discontinued Lonestar 112 open back cab in 2013 and that is my favorite rig. Nice and easy to carry, sounds great, and is loud enough for the gigs I play.
Only trouble is some static that has developed recently, so that has become the subject of my first post

Back