new member looking for advice on roadking 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinboy

Reaction score
Hi all,

this is my first post.i am looking for advice from people who play and own roadking 2 amps.ive recieved a brochure on the boogie range recently from the local distributors.
i play alot of different styles of music from heavy metal to classic rock,jazz,blues,pop,country etc.i was told that the roadking would be right up my alley as it has such a wide variety of tones with its valve swithing and channels etc.i also the mark IV is a great amp.

i need advice from people who play these amps please,

thanks in advance :D

I own the RKII and used to be skeptic of it kind-of, loving my tone more or less from one day to the next. Then I realized it's just because of the bad soundscape in my room, but trust me it is heavenly in practically every setting. The cleans are amazing. I'm not a jazz player, but when I plug it in I play my Les Paul like it's a big bodied archtop with all sorts of smooth chords on Ch 1 and 2. Ch 2's Brit mode is also very fun to experiment with getting a nice crunchy breakup. I own a combo and have a 2x12 recto cab which is nice with the cab switching feature. The combo is open back giving me a lot of headroom. The tube switching though is the best feature. I got the amp knowing nothing of tubes, now each channel has its own configuration.

The RKII can cover SO many styles! I use yellowjackets with EL84's for a "Voxier" tone, in place of the "Marshallish" EL34's, but any way you look at it, there are tons of options available.
It's a winner for me!

Tony

Back