New Mark V video from NAMM

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcc

Reaction score
http://guitar-amp-head.mesa-boogie.en.audiofanzine.com/videos/index,action,play,id_video,200,idproduit,140455,namm_mesa_boogie_mark_v.html

great overview, but all of these videos are failing to really capture the full gain and girth of the amp. I hope it doesn't detract some potential buyers

Agreed. When I first saw/listened to it I was underwhelmed to say the least... especially since I've already placed a pre-order for one. However, I'm chalking it up to video cam/handheld mic as being the source of any ills with respect to sound.

hah

"two octaves?"

wow the guy interviewing is not familiar with mesas.

sound quality sucks. that one rh2 clip does sound like a marshall to me.

i was pretty happy with what tweed mode/10w sounded like.

we all know this thing is going to sound great. everybody needs to STFU.

phyrexia said:

I like it too. That is the gain structure that I bought the Lonestar for. That in-between, greasy, power tube-breakup, blues groove. This will get interesting, for sure. It was nice of the guy to give a worded example of the "extreme" channel voicing. 8)

phyrexia said:

we all know this thing is going to sound great. everybody needs to STFU.

Definitely has that cranked Bassman vibe going on. Though that video was a poor run down in terms of sound quality, I'm really liking what I'm hearing from the extra modes on Channel 1 and Channel 2 sounds like it has a lot of potential.

Man, channel 2 just sounds KILLER... ugh I really don't want to have to sell my IV to get one :p

Can't say I'm blown away by the videos of the V, I'll reserve judgement until I get to hear one in person.

The Mark IV is already mega versatile, it seems to me that the V is even more so, just more of a comprehensive players tool but with it's own voicing, not copies of previous Marks, I didn't think the IIC+ and IV sounded particularly like the real things just variations of the Vs tone.

I think the great guitarists will create new sounds with the Mark V (how it should be) and some people might be a bit dissapointed if they buy it expecting a I, IIC+ and IV in a box. That's too good to be true imo but again I'll wait till I've heard the real thing!!

This was a great video. Sure it sounds flatter due to the limitations of the recording, but I can hear a lot more of where it is going. It was nice to get a comparison of the Channel 3 settings even if it was only a short segment.

Thanks to the OP for posting this.

Hey...rabies,
Tu sembles très bien te débrouiller en francais????
Normand.(I'm a french canadian...)

That's a much better clean demo kinda than the other vid. The reverb sounds friggin' LUSH

Best video demo of the amp so far... Although I was half expecting the guy with the mic to ask "does this one go to 11?"

Agree I would have liked to have heard a little more of how far the gain could go.

Latest posts

Back