New lonestar owner with a question...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar99

Reaction score
Hey guys, been lurking for a while.
Picked up a new LSC 2x12.
Ive run mesa recs for years, and loved them but the lonestar tone just floors me..

Here is the question, what is the downside to the ten watt channel? I know limited life on the tubes, but what does that mean really? Anyone gig who could give me some advice on lifespan?

Im doing a funk/blues thing lately, and I love the clean channel at 50wt, but for leads, or certain chorus parts, the "dirty ten" is just amazing..

Thanks in advance.

I play an LSS and have a 5w and 15w. I can't find a downside to either, great tone at a reasonable level. And it makes the amp very versatile. Now I will say that the rectifier tubes going out every 6 months sucks. But I've recently fixed that with a NOS 5v4.

I'll be interested in what others have to say, enjoy your amp. I know I enjoy mine.

Power tube life is the same regardless what mode you're in, tube life depends more on how hot the tube is biased. However if you'r on the 10w all the time then obviously that one tube will wear out faster. In that case just rotate the tube every so often. Stock LSC, people have reported that the amp is biased cold so the pwr tubes should last awhile.
The LSS is a different story, it's biased waayyy hot so it will go through tube a lot quicker.

Latest posts

Back