new Lamb of God track - Mark IVs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan_kilco

Reaction score
on their myspace!

http://www.myspace.com/lambofgod

"Contractor"

I know there are some LoG fans here, and I am really anticipating this album after hearing this track, compared to the stuff from Sacrament.

8)

to be honest, there's only one awesome riff in the song. the long breaks with the bassline just felt unnecessary to me.

Friend of mine told me that the new album sounds like Ashes of the Wake Part 2. More technical. After Sacrament, I'm hoping they bring back that rawness and unrelenting catchy hooks one after another.

cliffdove said:
Friend of mine told me that the new album sounds like Ashes of the Wake Part 2. More technical. After Sacrament, I'm hoping they bring back that rawness and unrelenting catchy hooks one after another.

+1...my thoughts exactly

what wasnt technical, raw, or catchy about sacrament? people just get their pannies in a wad cause they used some decent song structures instead of riffing after riffing. not that anything is wrong with that, but sacrament showed a more mature direction unlike this new song.

its like being on that slayer tour got to their **** heads, chris has been listening to too much dave lombardo. and people getting pissed about sacrament having gang vocals, WTF is in this song? GANG VOCALS! this is like Burn the Priest with modern production.

i really hope the rest of the cd isnt like this song.

... sounds like the attitude of Slayer.

Guitarist Mark Morton was also quoted in a recent interview stating;

"We usually try to do something fresh every time. This one, I think, is deliberately a little more raw and more aggressive than 'Sacrament' was. 'Sacrament' was a really, really dynamic record on every level, and the songs were all over the place — it was also heavily produced. This one's really raw and real-sounding, from every angle, and we're celebrating imperfections on this record. We're choosing what takes stay on the record based more on their character and personality than how completely mechanically precise they are. It's more about vibe and attitude in the takes than it is about, 'Wow, that was perfect.' It's the perfect ones that get thrown away, because they're just too sterile."

"The guitar tones are a little cleaner than normal," he added. "We're kind of getting into this mind-set that clean is heavy. Clarity is a lot heavier than oversaturated. It's just real raw and natural and organic-sounding, which, in itself, is kind of revolutionary these days, when kids are making pro audio-sounding recordings in their dorm rooms, on their laptops, and cutting and pasting verses and choruses. It's no longer cutting edge to make a completely space-aged, robotic-sounding record. I think it's almost fresh now to make one that sounds like an actual band played it. Don't get me wrong — it still sounds airtight and rehearsed, because it is all those things. But it's just real."

I really just can't wait for this album to drop. I was kind of let down with Sacrament, but it is still a very solid album. The "gang" vocals sorta killed it for me, as did the over-production (echo effects and delays on vox out the ***). This track just gives me a bit more hope for what is to come, even if it isnt one of their best, it IS a step towards a more raw, brutal sounding metal album.

Latest posts

Back