New happy member of the board!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
Finally got round to take some gut shots. Now whatever this might -actually- be, I'm very happy with the amazing sound I'm getting out of it. I'm a little confused with its history however.

Now, say hello to;

DSC_0033.jpg

Here's the export transformer.
DSC_0046.jpg

Here's the next one
DSC_0047.jpg

and a gut shot
DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's a true Mark IIC+ but I have a feeling its a C with the bells and whistle upgrade since some things just don't add up.
The date code on the export transformer says date code week 4 '89 right?
But on the underside of the chassi there's a very very faint MB initial and 2/84 sign so that's probably when it was made (makes sense with this low serial number as well (123xx range).

Any ideas?

I HAVE A MARK IIC+ MADE IN 3/84 WHICH IS A 60/100 IMBUYA COMBO WITH A SERIAL NUMBER OF 12399. BOOGIEBABIES HAS LOOKED AT PICS OF MY AMP AND CONFIRMED IT WAS A C+ FROM THE FACTORY. IT IS POSSIBLE YOURS COULD BE FACTORY C+. EITHER WAY AWESOME AMP!
JAY

It looks like some strange stuff here. The IIC+ preamp is stock, so it's a C+. The far right screen grid has been changed and with the odd Mesa Export transformer, the two 100 Ohm resistors under the speaker taps have been moved directly under the two green heater taps off the transformer. I have never seen that transformer, but I would assume that it is an 89. You can call Mesa with the part number and they can tell you what the last application for that part number was. Another assumption is, the customer wanted and export transformer long after the X101 was gone. I would also call Mesa with the serial number to see if they have a record of the work order. The preamp looks stock, so there is no doubt it is a IIC+, but it may have an interesting story behind it. It's a great amp with an awesome cabinet. With a little TLC and a dusting, that thing should rip.

jay said:
I HAVE A MARK IIC+ MADE IN 3/84 WHICH IS A 60/100 IMBUYA COMBO WITH A SERIAL NUMBER OF 12399. BOOGIEBABIES HAS LOOKED AT PICS OF MY AMP AND CONFIRMED IT WAS A C+ FROM THE FACTORY. IT IS POSSIBLE YOURS COULD BE FACTORY C+. EITHER WAY AWESOME AMP!
JAY

Having a little insider information I got from Mike B, I have narrowed it down to 2/84 as the beginning of production. The orders may have been from late January. There are just certain consistencies with an original preamp opposed to an upgrade. It's all in the hips.

You may actually have one of the earliest produced.

Why does it have the gain boost option? I thought that the simul-class series all had pull deep?

so this is a great f*cking IIC+
And how it sounds? really killer true? so what happens if its not a really true mark ii c+ with deep or gain boost or anything that wasn't in lasts marks ii c+? :twisted: :twisted:

greetings

Boogiebabies said:
diafebus said:
Fred you've got a private message :wink: :wink:

HIJACK !!!!

oh xD i don't have answered the problem of that post xD is another thing of pictures, i need ones :roll: you readed my other post true? :roll:

Latest posts

Back