New cab, Ohms Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escalates77

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just have a quick question. I just bought a Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab for my Dual Rec (3 Channel). It is a stereo cab, and i'm not sure what Ohms to run it at through my Dual Rec? Usually most cabs are just 8 Ohms and i run it through my Dual Rec at 8 Ohms. Thanks guys for all your help!

*My band*
Rest Assured
http://www.myspace.com/restassuredonline

modern marshall cabs are: 8 ohms in stereo mode / 4 or 16 ohms mono. you can either run a safe mismatch with the 8ohm output on your amp to the 16 ohm mono setting on the cab, or match the 4 ohms ouput on the head to the 4 ohms setting on the cab.

Okay, what if i run the cab in stereo? what does that mean, and how do i do it? or does it sound better or something?

stereo means...the left and right inputs are seperated. one input powers 2 speakers on the left, the other input powers 2 speakers on the right. this is good if you have a rack setup and a stereo poweramp. then you can run wacko stereo effects! if you have a standard(mono) guitar head, it means nothing! best off just using the amp in mono mode.

theres a little switch on the jackplate(back of the cab) that selects between MONO and STEREO. There is a warning to only use one jack at a time in MONO mode and the wattage rating, 150 watts a side stereo or 300 watts mono.

Latest posts

Back