New amp......thoughts, opinions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingdaisy

Reaction score
I've been thinking on this for a long time.

I've been debating between the Single, Dual, and Triple Recto. I like the fact that I can go a little smoother at a lower volume using the Single, but I like the extra oomph the added headroom adds to the Dual and Triple. I was leaning towards a Single for the Rectoverb option, and the Dual/Triple for the rectifier select and variac options.

I think I've finally decided.....I'm going to save for a Roadking vII.

It has pretty every option that I want, and a bunch I don't really need but will probably find a use for anyway.

Anyway, I don't even know why I'm asking for your opinions since I've pretty much decided anyway....but if you have any, you can post them.

Actually, I do have one thing to ask.....opinions on the RK 4x12. Is it worth getting over the Recto Std 4x12 I already have? What are the sonic differences between the two?

Cheers :D

Wait until you get that RK. You will be in tweakers heaven. I had mine setup and dialed in in about 10 minutes. Wait until you start playing with the power amps and cabinet switching. it is sooooo cool to switch your clean channel to an open back 1X12 then your Ch. 4 running 4 6L6's and two EL-34's through multiple 4X12's. Add reverb and instand heaven awaits.
I cannot wait for my Series II.

Hey Screamingdaisy, you could always save a lot of money by going with a real nice modeling amp. Hehehehehe! OK, OK, OK please don't throw anything. I couldn't resist!!!

I really like my series I and think that you'll have a blast with it. You'll be able to dial in tons of different tones. It really is one heck of an amp and is one of the most versatile out there. Go for it!

(If you don't like it for any reason, I'd bet that Tele_jas would trade his series I for it, if you talk to him nice.) Hey, I'm pullin' for ya Tele!!!

RK II is the way to go man if you can save and wait that long :wink:

And if all else fails when you get it and aren't happy with it, I'd be willing to make a sacrafice for you and trade you my series one for your series II Road King....... (thanks for helping me out Brewski 8) )

Brewski said:
Hey Screamingdaisy, you could always save a lot of money by going with a real nice modeling amp. Hehehehehe!
36_11_6.gif

Or Rogue (check out Musicians Friend Catalog) or Behringer
Hey Brewiski started it.
29_1_12.gif

Another thing, since you were looking at the single for the lower volume or whatever...you can use the progressive linkage to run the road king on 2 6L6's or 2 El34's giving you the same lower wattage as the single. You wont be dissapointed, I ahve the RK1, and I just re-fell in love with it today, when I tweaked it at a high volume. My problem was I would tweak it at a lower volume, then when I turn it up, it wouldnt sound like I wanted it to. It sounds killer now, plus I have the EBMMJP, so I have been using the single coil selection to get a really nice strat soudn on channel 2. AWESOME AMP!

Jeff Courtney

any idea on when these will be out? I was thinking of going for the roadster, but now am seriously considering going for the RK vII...

Latest posts

Back