New Amp Day - DC2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amrose57

Reaction score
Just got a Dual Caliber, ie - DC-2. This little thing rips. There is a "spank" about the cleans that my Express 5:25+ doesn't have. Lead channel compares favorably to my Mesa Flux Drive pedal (yeah, what a surprise), so there might be one less pedal on my board when I use this guy playing out. Only issue is it weighs 45.5 pound on our calibrated UPS scale. Now I need to find a manual and the tube layout, as I use NOS tubes in my Express, and will certainly try some NOS RCA's and GE's in a few weeks. In the meantime, this is a great little amp.

Al

Quick update - just put an RCA NOS 12AX7A in V1, and a 5751 in V2 (stage 2 and 3 of the lead channel) and my, my, my, what a wonderful difference. The RCA just smoothed things out a bit overall, and the 5751 made the gain sound less compressed. I also have more control on the gain pot. This is, as I said originally, a rippin' little amp. I believe it's a keeper! :mrgreen:

Has anyone changed the stock VS-12 out with an MC90? Just was wondering before I start any "surgery".

Al

amrose57 said:
SonVolt said:
You didn't buy it near Tennesse/Kentucky did you?

Nope. Came out of Tulsa, OK. Why?

Al

I sold mine not too long ago to a guy in Nashville who I think was from Kentucky. Just wondering if it had popped back up. DC-2's seem to be pretty rare.

Back