Need speaker cab advice!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanMcShred

Reaction score
Okay...I have a two channel Dual Rectifier and have been running it through a 4x12 Avatar cab. The cab just says "4 ohm speaker cabinet" and has two inputs..
Now I've always ran two cables, out of both 4 ohm outputs from the head, into both inputs of the cab. I've played a lot of gigs and recorded with this set up and never had a problem per say. I'm just curious if my cab is the right one for my head. I of course have a single 8 ohm output and a 16 ohm output. Would one of those work better?

I suspect that there are 2 jacks because one can be used as an in and the other as an out, to another cab. I don't think what you are doing will harm anything but I also don't think that you have to have a cable going into each jack.

Depends on how the cab is wired inside. I would open it up and check, post pictures of the speaker wiring and jacks here, and take note of the speaker impedance as well.

RyanMcShred said:
Okay...I have a two channel Dual Rectifier and have been running it through a 4x12 Avatar cab. The cab just says "4 ohm speaker cabinet" and has two inputs..
Now I've always ran two cables, out of both 4 ohm outputs from the head, into both inputs of the cab. I've played a lot of gigs and recorded with this set up and never had a problem per say. I'm just curious if my cab is the right one for my head. I of course have a single 8 ohm output and a 16 ohm output. Would one of those work better?

just one cable from the 4 ohm output on your head will do the trick

Latest posts

Back