Need help with a mark iv problem.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bshizzle

Reaction score
So my Mark IV keeps blowing fuses.
It starts humming real loudly, then it just dies when the fuse blows.
I've changed the fuse a few times and the amount of time it goes before it blows varies.

Any ideas?

Have you changed your power tubes recently and maybe put the wrong ones in?

put it in class A operation and remove the inner 2 x power tubes. if it still hums, then your outer tubes are probably bad. if it doesn't hum, then your inner tubes are probably the bad guys. replace the appropriate pair.

It doesn't hum all the time.
I replace the fuse, turn it on, and it works like normal.
It starts to hum real loudly right before the fuse blows. It's only for a few seconds.

The first time I replaced the fuse, the amp worked all night and part of the next band practice.

Do you guys think it could just be tubes?
I retubed the whole thing about 6-8 months ago.

Bshizzle said:
It doesn't hum all the time.
I replace the fuse, turn it on, and it works like normal.
It starts to hum real loudly right before the fuse blows. It's only for a few seconds.

The first time I replaced the fuse, the amp worked all night and part of the next band practice.

Do you guys think it could just be tubes?
I retubed the whole thing about 6-8 months ago.
hmmm...I do believe the lifespan of power tubes is about 1-2 years?

I have a set of GT's in my 5150 and last practice they started making a bit of noise when I set something on top of the head. Then, I thought about it, and realized those tubes were about a year and 3 months old.....

Well, reading through the manual, it says that a blown fuse is almost always causes by bad power tubes. I guess I'm gonna replace them.

Sometimes lightbulbs just burn out ........

Guess the power tubes first. Even if they work intermittently.

Follow the tube instructions as posted before, or just do what I would do --- get 4 new ones.

Just to add, to me it's a no brainer to go the new tube route. I'd hate to be playing a gig and have issues like that. Sorry, just had to add on

Thanks guys, I'm gonna get some new power tubes as soon as I get the 80 bones or so for them.

Latest posts

Back