Need help - Using an Axess CFX4 with a Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightypudge

Reaction score
Today I picked up a Mark IV and I want to use my CFX4 for switching channels and the EQ. The CFX4 was originally for my Dual Rec so I don't have a custom cable for the Mark IV. I tried using 1/4" mono patch cables and connecting them from CTRL 1-4 outputs to the relays for each channel and the EQ relay. Unfortunatelly nothing is working! :(

I have the amp set to Ext Sw and the CFX4 is in Program Change mode with relays 1-4 set up as latching. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Try stereo/balanced cables. Not sure if it will work but my CFX came with stereo cables.

The switches should be latched, but I think you want to use CC mode not PC mode unless you have followed the instructions for actually setting up presets in the CFX4.

I think you for starters should use the Latching CC messages to set the appropriate output for the channel switching.

Also I am sure Mario could help you out if you emailed him.

tim6string said:
Also I am sure Mario could help you out if you emailed him.

Actually, Mario was not very helpful. He only said I "might" be able to use the CFX4 to switch the Mark IV using the 1/4" jacks. But he didn't say for sure.

I hope I'm not screwed.

I will try to take a look at my docs a little more later tonight and see what I come up with.
It should seem very doable, I originally used a GRX4 to switch my Mark IV before getting the CFX 4. The switches should be latching and certainly start off with the CC mode. Make sure you pick the CC mode where the numbers correspond to latching.

Crisis averted. It was my patch cables. They were all George L's and not one of them worked. Duh! :roll:

Latest posts

Back