Need diagnostic help with 3 ch. Rec.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickou812

Reaction score
I have a 3 channel rectifier and have a sudden problem with channel 3.
I have had the amp for about 6 months and it has worked flawlessly until yesterday. The problem is, when I go to channel 3 the sound immediately cuts out and the amp start making a load frying type sound. It does not do this on channel 1 or 2.
I did notice that when I switch to ch3 using the footswitch, that ch2's light will light up momentarily.
I immediately switched the amp to standby and switched through the channels several time in standby and noticed that it did not light up ch2 when pressing ch3 as it did when it cut out. So I turned the amp back on and hit ch3 again and all seemed fine until I hit the solo switch and then it cut out again like before and would light ch2 momentarily. I could not see anything obvious going on with the power tubes.

What should I look at first?

Thanks,
Rick

I would check the footswitch DIN cable first. Try getting it to cut out and unplug the cable from the amp with the selector switch set to channel 3 and see what happens. Could be something to do with the footswitch, the cable, or the relay that changes channels.

mikey383 said:
I would check the footswitch DIN cable first. Try getting it to cut out and unplug the cable from the amp with the selector switch set to channel 3 and see what happens. Could be something to do with the footswitch, the cable, or the relay that changes channels.
It seems it was the foot switch cable. I unplugged it and plugged it back in a few times and the problem has not reappeared.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back