My triple rec is blowing preamp tubes....help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan28

Reaction score
I have had my Triple Rec for about 3 weeks and it keeps blowing the same preamp tube. The first time was in the guitar shop I bought it from, I went to buy the triple rec, they plugged it in and channel one worked fine, but no other channel did. It was the third preamp tube. I bought it, cause I know tubes just go bad and I thought that is all it was then boom, the second week I had it the same thing happend. Replaced the tube played a week and boom, same thing again. Any ideas?? I have had my single Rec for over a year and have had absolutely no problems, so I know its the amp. I just dont know what is causing it. I use the same mesa tubes that comes with the amp, the power tubes are fine just the one 12ax7, it keeps blowing the same exact one. Its weird and very disappointing!!

get it checked out...

I know that you posted about a bad run of Mesa preamp tubes but get it on a bench. You might have something rattling in there that intermittently blows a tube. Amps sometimes through handling can get jolted enough to have something short. It would be a shame to continue having the problem even after Mesa replaces your tubes. A check up is always in order when you buy a used amp anyway. I am assuming you bought it used. Even if it was at a guitar shop new, you never know the knuckleheads running around or what they do to amps out there.

Latest posts

Back