My rectifier preamp?2:100 sound weak and thin. help!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundpurist

Reaction score
My recto recording/2:100 sarted to sound thin with no bass since i tested the power amp without one input connected from the recto pre with a tech from ISPtechnologies. I tapped each preamp's tubes with a pen and they seems O.K. Hope i didn't damage the power amp...it shouldn't isn't?

guitarmaster said:
You should have had to turn the unused 2:100 channel level control to zero, in this case, there shouldn't be problems, otherwise the channel will be operating without a load (if no speakers/cabs are connected) and this could cause damages to the tubes or to transformer. Follow the cold start procedure and watch the power tubes when you switch from standby to on position, if one of the tubes is damaged you can see it. It could be also that the fuse is blown.IMO the problem is in the power amp , not in the preamp..................

i actually unpluged the input A not the speaker. The 2:100 is O.K. cause the problem is only on my preamps 2nd channel.

Back