My "new" Mark iii

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdblanchard

Reaction score
So an old friend of mine was cleaning out his basement and wanted to find a good home for his old Boogie.
I was fortunate enough to be at the top of his list and was at his door minutes after I got the "free Boogie" call.
So now I need some help getting this baby back to the shape I remember her being in when I lusted after her back in the 80's (old friend).
I guess the first thing I need to do is identify her properly.
Here are some pics...
0B9Vv0Veo--VTa2Y1aGhZajJ6bXprYU04dVhGYlJTLUY5ZzV3

0B9Vv0Veo--VTam83a0RFU2txUUZhcUVoUGVpbTRvWXVTOE53

0B9Vv0Veo--VTeG9SM0NEbW5lb1FTc040Y29pUl93TWxVT2dZ

When I got her back to the studio, the first thing I did was power her up. Amazingly I got a pretty sweet clean tone straight away. Then I went to switch the channel and apply a bit of lead drive. Man were those pots dirty! After a bit of futzing, I powered her down and started taking her apart.
After getting the dust out of all the crevices and straightening out the fan (this thing has a fan!), I powered her up again and she wasn't much better.
Now I need to be an adult and let a pro handle things...

Any suggestions?

tdblanchard said:
So an old friend of mine was cleaning out his basement and wanted to find a good home for his old Boogie.
I was fortunate enough to be at the top of his list and was at his door minutes after I got the "free Boogie" call.
So now I need some help getting this baby back to the shape I remember her being in when I lusted after her back in the 80's (old friend).
I guess the first thing I need to do is identify her properly.
Here are some pics...
0B9Vv0Veo--VTa2Y1aGhZajJ6bXprYU04dVhGYlJTLUY5ZzV3

0B9Vv0Veo--VTam83a0RFU2txUUZhcUVoUGVpbTRvWXVTOE53

0B9Vv0Veo--VTeG9SM0NEbW5lb1FTc040Y29pUl93TWxVT2dZ

When I got her back to the studio, the first thing I did was power her up. Amazingly I got a pretty sweet clean tone straight away. Then I went to switch the channel and apply a bit of lead drive. Man were those pots dirty! After a bit of futzing, I powered her down and started taking her apart.
After getting the dust out of all the crevices and straightening out the fan (this thing has a fan!), I powered her up again and she wasn't much better.
Now I need to be an adult and let a pro handle things...

Any suggestions?

I don't know why those images didn't turn up properly, but they're here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Vv0Veo--VTa2Y1aGhZajJ6bXprYU04dVhGYlJTLUY5ZzV3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Vv0Veo--VTam83a0RFU2txUUZhcUVoUGVpbTRvWXVTOE53
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Vv0Veo--VTeG9SM0NEbW5lb1FTc040Y29pUl93TWxVT2dZ

I still can't open the images;
No brainer. Ship it to mike B. at mesa and let him go through it. I thought my purple stripe sounded great until I got it back and realized how it is supposed to sound.

terickson said:
I still can't open the images;
No brainer. Ship it to mike B. at mesa and let him go through it. I thought my purple stripe sounded great until I got it back and realized how it is supposed to sound.
So...
If I were to send it off to Mike B, what should I expect as far as how long it normally takes and how much it would cost?

Still trying to wrap my head around "free Boogie". Freaking unreal! Congrats!

HBob said:
Still trying to wrap my head around "free Boogie". Freaking unreal! Congrats!

Yeah it's pretty crazy.
He's been parting with various pieces of gear for the last five years or so (got married, had a kid...).
I always lusted after this amp but never had the heart to say anything.
Then I got the call.
This thing sounds amazing (sometimes).
I really would love to make her my main rig. I just don't have a ton of cash to spend on repairs.

That whole story rocks! 8) The phone call to Boogie for a quote is free, so that's where I would start. Give 'em a shout and see how they can easily bring this beauty back to original condition.

Congrats!

Back