My new loaded EVM cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: That's a great deal on that cab. It must weigh a ton though.

t0aj15 said:
:shock: That's a great deal on that cab. It must weigh a ton though.

I know the cab itself must weigh over 118 lbs :) My half back cab weighed 118 but it has 2 EVs on the bottom and C90's up top. My cab is the style that's built into a roadcase.

Nonetheless, you got a great buy hope you enjoy the cab! It should mate perfectly with the Mark IV.

Greg

Nope, back of my mustang LOL and yes that sucker does weight alot, but sounds great with my Mark IVA. Noodles has it at his place now, and if i decide not to keep the cab he wants it.

We will see what happens.

gts said:
Super deal! It has 4 EVM 12l's!! You could sell each one for $100-125 each. You are way ahead of the curve!
Yes it must weigh a ton each speaker is about 22lbs. That's 88 lbs alone in speakers, add the cab the case and whew... Did you drive a Semi out to pick it up?! ;-)
It'll sound huge (because it is!!) :shock:
Nice find!

What are your thoughts on the 4 EVM's in a cab? I have 2 4x12's loaded with C-90's and EVM's and they sound killer. I have a 2x12 loaded with 2 EVM's and I noticed that the open EVM is bright as hell. I was going to tinker and take the 2 from the 2x12 and put them in a 4x12 so it would have all 4 EVM's, but I think it would be super bright and trebly???

Not to bright, but alot of what you might be experiencing is the open back airyness. I am planning on putting an upper back on it to see the difference. I would say try it, but not if you have a bad back, that cab is heavy!

psychodave said:
What are your thoughts on the 4 EVM's in a cab? I have 2 4x12's loaded with C-90's and EVM's and they sound killer. I have a 2x12 loaded with 2 EVM's and I noticed that the open EVM is bright as hell. I was going to tinker and take the 2 from the 2x12 and put them in a 4x12 so it would have all 4 EVM's, but I think it would be super bright and trebly???

siggy14 said:
Not to bright, but alot of what you might be experiencing is the open back airyness. I am planning on putting an upper back on it to see the difference. I would say try it, but not if you have a bad back, that cab is heavy!

psychodave said:

I have 2 of my cabs with the top backs closed in. They both have C-90's and they sound great. I may tinker around if I can find another EVM 12L.

BTW, if you ever want to sell that cab (or a pair of EVM12L's :wink: ), let me know. I live near Philly, PA 8)

Latest posts

Back