My MkIIc+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shep

Reaction score
well i am Very much looking forward to getting it.. should be in my hands monday .. i have been looking around for good simlu mk IIc+ sound clip's.. and i really can't find any.. so i am asking how much chunk does the mk IIc+ have.. i really loved the extra ooppm the mk III had over the IV..i am hoping to also use this as a heavy metal amp as well becasue i find the mk IV alittle gutless for Heavy Heavy music..could anyone put some clips down for me?

Thanks Alot Tom

It can chunk nicely if you use the graphic EQ. Without it, you're not left with much chunk. Listen to old metallica or dream theater to hear it.

Shep said:
i think the main thing about this amp when i get it is it better be what everyone has been going on about ! ahah

As someone who literally just got one, I can tell you it is.

It's like the Mark IV but brighter and more clear.. more defined and a bit tighter. The cleans are also brighter and snappier

No they didn't ever use the III as far as I can gather.

http://www.encycmet.com/equipment/jayhiseq.shtml

http://www.encycmet.com/equipment/khiseq.shtml

However that site does leave out Kirk's ADA pre-amp so who knows.

rabies said:
Platypus said:
Shep said:
i think the main thing about this amp when i get it is it better be what everyone has been going on about ! ahah

As someone who literally just got one, I can tell you it is.

It's like the Mark IV but brighter and more clear.. more defined and a bit tighter. The cleans are also brighter and snappier

so what was the purpose of ending up with the MarkIVB now? now switches/options and channels, ok. but the above matters a lot as well.

also, didn't metallica go from IIC+ on MOP to III on justice to IV on black?

They're different animals.. the C+ is never leaving my house for one so I need that tone to be portable and more versatile in the form of the Mark IV. Cleans are darker on the IV so that's another tone to play with.

And they used the C+ on the Black album starting with Master of Puppets I believe but used the Mark IV live on the Black tour if I remember correctly.

James is mostly a C+ guy...Having a Simul here at home, I can hear it all over his rhythm sounds. Kirk on the other hand loves to experiment with anything he can find!

Shep said:
could anyone put some clips down for me?

Thanks Alot Tom

I have recorded my song Acid Pain on my myspace site with a simul c+ and a recto standard 4x12 cab with shure sm57 and sennheiser evo 906 mic equally balanced.

You can have a listen to that if you like.
http://www.myspace.com/tonykareid

Tony

Tony.... that rocks. Nice production as well. Super tight without being sterile.

R.

Shep said:
i find the mk IV alittle gutless for Heavy Heavy music..

Until you get your IIC+, run your presence pushed at 0, and boost up your bass EQ, run your bass knob between 1 and 3, and try and tell me the MKIV doesn't have oomph :lol:

BTW, Tony, that track was flippin' killer. Nice work man

mrd said:
Shep said:
i find the mk IV alittle gutless for Heavy Heavy music..

Until you get your IIC+, run your presence pushed at 0, and boost up your bass EQ, run your bass knob between 1 and 3, and try and tell me the MKIV doesn't have oomph :lol:

used to have a mk III and the power amp in that was very Nice.. very powerful and thumpy.. the mk IV is alot less fizzy than the mk III but doesn't have that thump..

with the mk IV i already have it pushed on the presence.. it sounds good but it doesn't sound like I want it.. leads, super clean and lighter OD rhy it's prefect..

tony777 said:
Shep said:
could anyone put some clips down for me?

Thanks Alot Tom

I have recorded my song Acid Pain on my myspace site with a simul c+ and a recto standard 4x12 cab with shure sm57 and sennheiser evo 906 mic equally balanced.

You can have a listen to that if you like.
http://www.myspace.com/tonykareid

Tony

Thanks Dude thats Cool.. Nice playing..

Latest posts

Back