my first tube amp/help with a tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobytheplatypus

Reaction score
so, got my first tube amp
mesa boogie triple rectifier :D (so long line hd147)

so, i have been unable to get my lead tone down...im looking for a satriani style solo tone...any reccomendations for how i should eq this beast for that?

tobytheplatypus said:
so, got my first tube amp
mesa boogie triple rectifier :D (so long line hd147)

so, i have been unable to get my lead tone down...im looking for a satriani style solo tone...any reccomendations for how i should eq this beast for that?

Visit the amp settings DB at...

http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settings/mesa-boogie/mesa-boogie-amp-settings.html

If you have a 2ch find settings for a 2 ch if you have a 3ch...I think you get it.

Welcome to the fold!

good luck man it took me a year to get a good satch sound out of my tr.
you will need some effects also. i use a boss dd-20 giga delay in the effects loop, and an electro harmonix holiest grail in the front. i tried out a bunch of delay pedals b4 i ended up with the dd-20. the e.h. memory man was awsome also but the dd-20 is cheaper and sounds almost as good. u will come to find out that the triple rec is very picky when it comes to using effects. also u will need to activate the effects loop and turn the channels volume up atleast half way or more and adjust the master as the main volume. i also set my effects return about 3/4 also to get the balls back. you will get your best lead tone on channel 2 set to vintage. hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back