My Eq is humming

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I changed a pre-amp tube in my Mark II and now the EQ is humming, especially if i turn down or up the bass. What could be the problem?

Ummm, it may be the new preamp tube...
:?

Try putting the old tube back in. If that doesn't work, maybe you bent the socket pins when you installed the new tube, so check them too.

The problem began when you changed the tube, so I'd definitely start there. Good luck.

Tuna141 said:
Ummm, it may be the new preamp tube...
:?

Try putting the old tube back in. If that doesn't work, maybe you bent the socket pins when you installed the new tube, so check them too.

The problem began when you changed the tube, so I'd definitely start there. Good luck.

Thanks for your advice. A guy told me that it is the coil back of the eq that causes the hum and it kind of comes with the amp. Does anyone else recognize this from your amps?

No hum in my Mark IIC, Mark III, or Mark IV, and they all have graphic EQs.

Again, try changing the preamp tube(s)...

P.S. as you move closer to most amps you may hear some hum (pickups/tranformer interaction). This hum should go away if you move a few feet away from the amp.

Tuna141 said:
No hum in my Mark IIC, Mark III, or Mark IV, and they all have graphic EQs.

Again, try changing the preamp tube(s)...

P.S. as you move closer to most amps you may hear some hum (pickups/tranformer interaction). This hum should go away if you move a few feet away from the amp.

I´m standing quite far from it and it still is humming and it stops when I turn of the eq :( I´ll change the pre-amp tubes and hope it helps. Thanks for the advice

Back