My Band - PAINTED IN EXILE (Prog Metal/Jazz/Experimental)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I'm Marc, one of the guitarists for PAINTED IN EXILE.

http://www.myspace.com/paintedinexile

We're from Long Island, New York and we're primarily a Progressive Metal/Jazz/Experimental band, and I figured this might be a good place to get our name out. Most of the guys over at Sevenstring.org and the Petrucci Forums seemed to be digging it, so I hope you guys like it as well.

I know it's definitely not everyone's "cup of tea", but hopefully you can at least appreciate what we're doing. As I said it's mostly Progressive Metal, but each member of the band also plays various other styles of music, so we try to use that to our advantage and cover as much musical ground as possible. For all of you tone freaks (which I'm sure is most of you lol), we recorded with Will Putney at The Machine Shop (Lamb Of God, Suicide Silence, Every Time I Die, Unearth, etc.) in Weehawken, NJ and while I tracked with my Roadster head, we actually re-amped all of the guitar tones. We used a bunch of different heads, but among the ones that I can remember are: Triple Rec, Bogner Ecstasy, Orange, VHT Pitbull, Krankenstein, Marshall JCM, and I believe a 5150 of some sort - all mixed into various different tone layers. As far as cabs go, we used a Mesa Traditional Slant 4x12, as well as an Orange.

But I have to say it's really great be back on here again. I was formerly AsIAm666 (but I've since grown up and figured that this would be more appropriate) and I actually used to be a pretty avid member on here until I became too busy with school and the band to appease my gear fetish lol.

Anyway, I'll stop talking and let you guys check it out for yourselves. If you like what you hear, then please feel free to also check us out on YouTube and add us on Facebook. Really looking forward to hearing your opinions!

Thanks guys,

- Marc

Back