MXR 10 band EQ in the loop.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
I picked up one of these EQ pedals so i could see how it compares to the onboard EQ of the amp. It takes some tweaking but i got it close, real close. I actually think it has advantages since the MXR has a level and a gain slider so you can easily balance the volumes to match.

I had always assumed that i would never buy a Mark series amp without the onboard EQ but the MXR has changed my thinking a bit.

danyeo1 said:
I had always assumed that i would never buy a Mark series amp without the onboard EQ but the MXR has changed my thinking a bit.

Wouldn't be interested in another C+ would ya :wink:

I've been using an MXR 10 band eq in the loop of my Mark IV for several years now. I prefer it over the on board five band eq.

i have an eq onboard but i also use a 10 band. I set the onboard eq for my lead tone and use the mxr to cut the mids for rythem.

I'm glad to hear this, as I own a MkIII with no graphic EQ.
I've been using an old Boss 5 band eq in the loop, but have been thinking about getting the MXR 10 band. I think I will now.

I own a MXR 10-band, but no mark IV. I found it to be pretty good for changing the tone around in my classic 30. The only issue I have with it is that its a big pedal that can't be run off of a battery. I don't know if I'll use it when I get a mark IV, but I'll at least try it.

Latest posts

Back