Mrk III price question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai`tan

Reaction score
Hyas all. I am thinking of selling my early 90s Mrk III hardwood wicker Simul-Class combo. All new Svets. It comes with a matching custom Imbuya 12" ext. cab. (I made it, dovetailed etc. Very nicely done) The pedals/cables, both the speakers are the 200 watt Black Shadow EVs. Just had it recapped.

The question. Does anyone here feel that 1500 Canadian is too high a price for ths amp? That`d be about 1300 U.S. prolly. Thx for your time and any replies.

Kinda wacky to ask "others" what it should sell for...

You can do the research, and come up with a price...If it sells quick, cool. If it takes a while, oh well. You sometimes have to wait for the right buyer, or adjust your prices accordingly.

Your cab is real nice, but it's still homemade. That's one thing you need to consider as well.

Peeps ask about stuff like price all the time on forums. Wacky as it seems. I wanted to get a feel for what some peeps think would be fair. As for something being "homemade"? A terrible word to use unless a thing looks and functions terribley.

I have taken my cab into the local Boogie Sales stores here and they were blown away by how good a "homemade" cab it is. Buildwise, I am pretty proud of it. In any case, I will sell it eventually. But not for 700. I`d be nutz to let it go for that. Basicly, that would be giving it away. A dude would really have to be hardup for dough to let this combo/cab set go for that lowball price. LOL

I've seen just mark III head sell for about 600 and up. I think your price might be a little high but not bad considering it has the nice mesa cabinet and your cab, also both of them have the ev's in them which usually sell for at least 100 per speaker. I think the right buyer might pay around 1000 for the pair, maybe a little more. Good luck.

Back