more fuse troubles

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sardocasm

Reaction score
Okay, I've had my Heartbreaker for a couple months now and it's been nothing but problem after problem. First it was the volume acting sporadically and now it's blowing fuses...again. I completely retubed the amp with EHX 6L6s and JJ 12AX7s. Here's what happened: I warmed my amp on standby for a few minutes and then I turned it on. I was playing my amp and everything was fine. I wanted to crank the clean channel a little more and I did and after about ten seconds or so the fuse blew. What's causing this? Is this normal? This crap is seriously making me want to just give up on tube amps. The majority of the time I've had this thing I haven't been able to play it. Please help me, I don't want to leave the world of all tube beauty, but this is too much to deal with if it's going to be constant like it has been.

I had the same prob when i first got my DR and i finally figured out i had too small of fuses. I had 2amp and needed 4amp. Check ur fuse and ur manual to see that they are correct. I havent blown a single fuse since november.

They're definitely the right type. The manual says 3amp Slo-blo and that's what I bought. It's working fine now, though. The world is well.

Latest posts

Back