Monte Allums DS-1 mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animeka

Reaction score
My son's Boss DS-1 was bugging me (yeah, like I have anything to say about it lol). It was noisy and the settings didn't (to me) seem to change much of anything. So I figured I'd give a shot at modifying it. I ordered the Rectifier/Tri-Gain mod from Monte Allums. Received the kit within about a week and a half or so (he shipped same day but I'm in Canada and it's the holidays so ;) )

I installed the kit yesterday. And so far, I'm very impressed. Noise level has gone down tremendously (still a little hum but nowhere near where it was) and the settings do a heck of a lot of difference in the tone. With the gain all the way down, my son was playing Pride & Joy and it had this overdrive bluesy sound that was great.

Overall, very very happy with the kit!

Marc

I have the GE7, CS3, BD2, and SD1 all with Allums mods installed. I am very, very impressed with his mods. His GE7 mod walks all over the so called Sniper MXR 10 band eq mod. Very affordable, and does great things for sound! I never woulda thought I'd be raving about an SD1, but it is a keeper now!

Latest posts

Back