Modifying an Parallel FX Loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmo77

Reaction score
Sorry... I've just found a thread where it explains some of my questions... :S

PS: I Swear I had used the Search option before... :(

My DC-5, as many of the Mesas (as I've read round here) has a parallel FX loop...which isn't the best option when using processors (G-Major in my case... though I don't really find it that horrible). I've got some questions about this:

a) As it is parallel, when turning MIX onto fully clockwise it should act as a Series one...(in theory..) while it seems it's not actually true (as I've read on the net...). How do I notice that it doesn't act as a Full Series?

b) In that case... how could I mod it to convert it into 100% series with the mix control?

c) If the best option is having a Series Loop, why has Mesa built them so... and if possible, how could I mod the amp to change it into Series or even better... Could I switch between Series and Parallel?

Thanks all for your comments, answers and suggestions.

PS: Mind my English, I'm from Spain.

I'd like to know how to do this mod on my DC-5 as well. Any help out there?

As you're looking at the chassis from the rear, the mix pot on the DC-5 has a wire connected to each of the outside lugs and the middle lug has two wires soldered to it. Is it a matter of simply removing a wire from one of the lugs and tying it off? If so, which wire?

Thanks for any help.

Latest posts

Back