mkiv rhythm 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatoni

Reaction score
i dont really like this channel no matter what i try. anybody got any sweet setting i should start off with in the search of my tone?

depending on what you want as far as a good tone, i always have the gain and treble rather high, and use the guitar volume to control the crunch. oh, and always keep your master volume above 4 (attenuate with the individual channel volumes)

Try goosing it with a clean boost. I think R2 really just needs to be CRANKED to sound pleasant

^^

Exactly!

we cant forget that even Mesa calls Rhy2 their "Marshall Mode" and we all know that Marshalls have to be cranked to sound good, as the power section came to life :twisted:

fatoni said:
i dont really like this channel no matter what i try. anybody got any sweet setting i should start off with in the search of my tone?

Turn your output volume and channel masters up. Most people who hate Rhy2 hate it with their volumes set around 1.5

r2 is actually my favorite channel on the mk iv. I use it for blues, jazz, hard rock, or when I don't feel like channel switching- I hit the strings hard for distortion and back off for a clean sound. I use gain between 4-6 pulled on it, tweed, triode, class a, channel volume around 5 and master between 5-8, presence 0 in, bass 2 mid 4 treble 5, one of my favorite tones.

i don't think you even need to turn it up to get a good sound..

gain 10 pull
bass 2.5
mid 7
treb 7
presence 3.5 push
nice v on the eq and the amp on pentode..into a quad box..

Maybe the way I set it up is not the sound your after but I usually run the gain at 8 pushed, run the bass up to the point where it's a bit below woofy depending on the guitar... Crank the treble to 9 or so, presence on 6 pushed. I get a beautiful overdrive that's not smeared and has that "gahhh" sound on the pick attack. This setting is awesome for single note riff barrages... Like the last section of Knights of Cydonia.

And like everyone says the more you crank it, the more you spank it.... yeah it's cheesy haha.

thanks for the input guys. ill play around with r2 for a couple days. and nice sig bourque

Latest posts

Back