MkIII footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithus77

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any options for putting together or buying a footswitch for a MkIII that would control the Clean/Rhythm channel changes, Rhythm/Lead channel changes and the Reverb on/off and EQ on/off all in one pedal.

It's a bit of a funny choice by Mesa Boogie to have brought out the MkIII with 3 seperate footswitches.

I was wondering if there is any way of making on that would do all those functions, or if there is anything out there that you can buy to do this.

Essentially, what I would like would look like the Rivera M60 footswitch (just to use an example)

http://www.gpfband.com/images/Gear/Dan/RiveraM60.jpg

Perhaps even if this could be made rather than bought that would be cool, with different colour LEDs too...cool!!

Speaking of which, what the hell is this?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RARE-MESA-BOOGIE-BASIS-M-2000-CONTROL-FOOT-BOARD-L-K_W0QQitemZ7403847560QQcategoryZ41411QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I use an Axess Electronics CFX4 and a MIDI pedal to control my Mark IV. The Mark IV has 1/4" relays on the back for each channel, EQ, FX, Class A/Simul-Class, and reverb.

P.S. The CFX4 only has four relays so I use it to control the channels and EQ only. But I also use a G-Major which has a relay of it's own. So I connect the G-Major to the FX loop relay and I can toggle the loop on and off with the G-Major.

By far, the highest performance you can get with switching analog amps would be throuhg companies like CAE and Axess electronics. They make a variety of products that will turn relay loops on and of for you.

And yes, the G major has 3 switching jacks which can effectively switch your amp provided that you take some time to program each patch to change the correct channel on your BOogie.

Latest posts

Back