Mk2b lead channel volume rising and falling issue.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a mk2b and it has a weird issue which is when on the lead channel the volume comes and goes like a volume swell and then it fades away again. Overall the rhythm channel seems fine.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar and could point me in the direction of a fix. I've just replaced the pre-amp valves but that made no difference.

I have the maintenance guide for the mk2b and whilst it's full of useful info there's nothing about this particular issue.

Hi there,

Have the same thing going on, but very intermittently. The volume will suddenly swell to a ridiculous level — not in a good way at all.

Have searched through this forum, and some have identified the relay as a possible source. When I get around to it, I'm going to send my IIB back to Mike B for a tun-up, and have him take a look. FWIW, when it happens, I hit standby immediately, then push in and pull out the Lead Drive pot. Seems to clear it up, at least until the next time it happens.

I have a Mark III coliseum and it did the same thing, the power tubes were going bad, classic symptoms are volumes fading up and down.

Back