MK111 & Mitchell Donuts

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martyn Philip

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to install a Mitchell Donut in the cab of my MK111 but there doesn't look like there is enough space as the speaker fits in a hole in the baffle.

Has any one tried this before - i have found some images but they all have rear mounted speakers.

Cheers
Martyn

Here is the gear list for anyone who is interested!!

Jimmy Moon Strat with 2x Schecter Monster Tones & Gibson HB
USA Custom/Fender Tele with 59 HB & 1/4 Pounder

Triaxis
Intellifex Ltd
300G
Korg Tuner
Furman PL8
MK111 Blue Stripe 60watt w EV- used as monitor mostly
Ernie Ball Vol
Ernie Ball Wah
Boss Tremolo
Midi Mate

One day I will add a list of gear I have had and sold or had nicked just to make me cry a bit!!

Martyn Philip said:
Hello,

I am looking to install a Mitchell Donut in the cab of my MK111 but there doesn't look like there is enough space as the speaker fits in a hole in the baffle.

Has any one tried this before - i have found some images but they all have rear mounted speakers.

Cheers
Martyn

I use one in a MKII combo but have put some spacers behind the grille to compensate for the thickness of the "donut"
Fwiw the "donut" has been in the combo for two or three years now.

Just get some 1/2" foam, cut out the hole and install. The hole doesn't have to be perfectly round, it'll still work.
You'll likely have to adjust of your treble up (and maybe the presence) to compensate for the donuts affect.
But you will get a more evenly dispersed volume using the "donut". It really works!

Latest posts

Back