MK IV Reverb not working?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramleyboogie

Reaction score
Hi, Just bought my first Boogie today..a 2007 MK IV. Only problem is that the reverb is not working, or at least I think it's not working. Am I right in thinking that it wont work without a footswitch to turn it on, or should it still work just by turning the dial on the rear of the amp?

:?: Please help

If you don't have a reverb footswitch plugged in, the default is always ON and the dial on the back controls it.

If it's not working check your preamp tubes. Most likely your reverb driver tube is bad.

Can someone hook .DUFF. up with a tube duty chart for a Mark IVb? I can't remember which tube is the reverb driver.

Either me or you is in the wrong place.....isn't this the Lonestar section? :)

Reverb is driven by V3 & V4 (the layout & tube duty chart is page 17 of the Mark IV manual)

Great, thanks for your advice, the tank isn't making any sound at all even when rocked or tapped. I will try and replace the preamp tubes and see what happens.. :?:

Yeah, everyone says that, I havent acutally heard one in the flesh, but I already have a van amps soul mate, so I guess I may just leave it alone, as the soulmate is THE best reverb I have every heard! Dont much fancy the chore of going round the back of the amp at gigs, to adjust the reverb level!!...??

Back