MK II C+ - 2 ??s - single coils and tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IK

Reaction score
I've owned a standard 60 watt MK II C+ for a couple of years now. Its has a nice tone and volume but doensn't blow me away like everyone else...Is it true that this amp was designed with humbucking pickups in mind? Could that be it? Listening back to old recordings with my guitar into a Sovtek Mig 100, it sounded like i had much more punch and clarity and could really hear the indosyncracies of my guitar (Kramer 350G) much better...
Also, I have Svetlana 6L6s in there now and they are the best tube BRAND i've heard but was wondering what EL34s mite be like in this amp.
Any help on either or both is much appreciated.
IK

Actually, Mesa used 470 Ohm 2 watt screen grid resistors on the simul sockets( 60W as well). You may be able to just plug two EL 34's in and try. I could assume that with the graphic and the pull deep it would be a Monster.

I must confess i really don't know what 470 ohm sgr's do...the amp does not have the graphic but i do use an eq pedal sometimes. i was mainly wondering cuz the manual specifies 6L6s and i didn't want waste 35 bux on EL 34s if peeps have found they are not a good match for the MK II C+/
thanks.
IK

Latest posts

Back