MIDI channel switching with a Road King

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serious Poo

Reaction score
Is anyone using MIDI to handle channel & effect loop switching on your Road King? If so, exactly how are you doing it? Are you hooking up a MIDI controller directly to the footswitch input on the back of the amp, or are you using external switchers to control the various 1/4 triggers on the back of the amp? I couldn't find anything on this in the manual or in past threads on this forum, so any help would be appreciated.

I've read about people frying parts if it's not done right, so I'm a bit hesitant to so this without hearing from people that have already done this. Thanks in advance for your help!

Go to www.axess-electronics.com and get the CFX4. Mario is great, the customer service is incredible. If the RK only uses 1/4" jacks for the channel switching you could also grab a Rockman Midi Octopus off eBay.

Switching channels via midi should cause any problems.

Ned

I use the Axess CFX4 to switch settings on my Nomad 100 via midi. Great device, and Mario Marino's customer service is second to none.

Thanks guys! They look pretty legit, I'll probably get one. I love the pics of Petrucci's new touring rig on their site, too. Um, wow. Words fail.

Back