Mesa Tone or not?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viendette

Reaction score
So here is a piece of footage of John Sykes playing live with Blue Murder circa 1989. Around this time he was said to be using a MK III Coli (recorded the first Blue Murder album with one) so is he using it in this video live? It sounds like Mesa tone, too thick to be his suped up JCM 800, I could be wrong though...what do you guys think? MK III Coli or Custom JCM 800?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsXr43nBCdc

PS: I realize you can see 4 Marshall heads in the back on the right side of the stage, but they could be just for show...

It does sound very thick. I think you're right that if this is from 89' to assume JCM800 series. I've heard Hi-Gain Dual Reverbs but they didn't sound anything like this. Maybe it's boosted with a OD? If the tone is pure Marshall, I think I've heard the first Marshall at stage volume that I like. :eek:

Not for nothing, but back in 95' when I had the opportunity to get backstage to Iron Maiden, there was a Mark III inside a dummy cab :twisted: :shock:

Latest posts

Back