Mesa tolex color

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanboy

Reaction score
I've got a white mesa mark III, I'm wanting to cover a cab with some tolex that will closely match. Does anyone know how close the ivory bronco tolex is to the white / cream mesa used back in the 80's.

Here is my Mark II with a custom Thiele cab in Cream Bronco I ordered last year from Mesa Boogie:

148566188.jpg

Dang! Those boogafunk cabinets are Sweet!!
Thanks, they're loaded with EVM12L's. Two thiele cabinets together is an awesome sound. They actually aren't tolex, they're sprayed-on bed-liner that is much tougher. The maker has videos of him taking a belt sander to the cabinets to show how tough they are. I wondered if the grills impeded the sound any being made of thick gage metal, so we did a side by side test with one grill on, one grill off. I couldn't, and neither could anyone else notice a difference in sound. Quite deceptive, I thought for sure that there would be a big difference in tone with that much metal in front of the speaker. I was thinking of making a weaved chrome barbed-wire grill for them but I've been using my Road ready 4X12 EV cabinet lately.

The cab I'm wanting to cover is a thiele cab with a EVM12L also. My mark III no stripe combo also has an EVM12L, I love the sound of the thiele, it's exactly what I was wanting. I purchase it used a week ago, the cab just has a stained finish, but I want it to match my combo.
ee7b3152932ba129dc0ea8a6628291eb.jpg

I completed the Tolex install today, I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Here's some before and after pictures.
07551ffb1ce68c5d761cacaff7a77426.jpg

2ca6b609e9fa4400c18d6b769ed4b43f.jpg

5f89a288d627933ad3f713eafd52267f.jpg

Back