Mesa Mk III/DC 5/1x12 Mesa Combo Dimentions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogboy131

Reaction score
I have already removed the 12 inch speaker from my combo to make it lighter for moving as I always use it with 4x12's.

Now I am going to add a 100 watt power amp to slave it to extra cabs.

Does a DC-5's chassis fit a normal rack? If so, I could mod the combo, slide the power amp at the bottom of the combo where the speaker used to be, and I would have an instant combo rack monster.

Does anyone know if a Mk III, DC-5 etc chassy fits a standard rack? It would rock HARD if it did (I am in work and can't check)

A DC5 is a widebody by default ...and I do believe is the same width as a MKIV widebody. All widebodies are too wide to rackmount.

OTOH, the MKIII fits in a rackmount if it's a short head or combo. BTW, I have my MKIII in a rack kit right now, so yes it works great. Excuse the plug, but I am moving it to a cab head, so if you're interested in a clean rackmount kit that fits all Boogie short heads, let me know. Hope this helps you.
:)
Edward

Mine is a DC-5 so its too big. Shame, I could have sent you my cab shell in a trade!

But if the dc-5 is longer than a regular rack, that is cool for me because it means the power amp will fit.

Killer!

Latest posts

Back