Mesa missed soldering the treble pot's cable...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danjel

Reaction score
Doing "The Reeder Mod 1" tonight, I found that MESA missed soldering the 1st cable (most left) to the treble pot on the clean channel. I cant imagine that it is supposed to just hang there not ever have being even prepared for a solder. Tell me its not supposed to be like that and that there is no problem soldering that sucker to the pot... just like it is on the channel 2 treble pot. Whats up?
I have a picture of this, but I dont know how to post it... How do I do that?

Having looked around at photos of this pot in other peoples amps it actually has been missed in mine. How could this happen? Actually its terrible. I wonder what the difference will be when I fix it...

I fixed it this afternoon. Hadn't realized earlier that the pot wasn't working. The amp has always sounded great! Now there is a significant change when turning the knob... :)

I actually contacted MESA to ask about this and they said it's virtually impossible for my amp to leave the factory with this phenomenon... I guess NOT!
No biggie! It's fixed now so I'm a happy camper again. 8)

Good thing you cracked it open and stumbled on to it. :eek: And thanks to those who posted pics (djw) so he could see how it should be wired. So...how are you liking the mod?

I think the mod is really good. It does wonders for the sound when playing a Les Paul. Not as muddy. Then again I loved the sound before the mod too. I think it translates beautifully in a band situation. It's always audible, even at low volumes. The Reeder mod seems to clean the sound up just a tad, so the string separation is a little more prominent.

The amp sounded great where the dail was set so I didn't need to change the setting... :D

Latest posts

Back