Mesa experts -- what can you tell me about this MKI combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axe34

Reaction score
I absolutely *loved* the MKI mode on the V I owned. Super fat, massive and harmonically rich.

One of the bigger used dealers in Toronto has a MKI combo for sale for $799. It was modified to add an effects loop.

They say it's from the late '70s but not much more. It has an EVM 12L speaker and graphic EQ.

Anyone know the year for this one? I'll be in the city and might stop by to try it out. Looks like it's been sitting there for a couple of years so it may be a dud tonally. Won't know for sure until I try it but I wanted some opinions on whether or not it would even be worth the time.

http://www.12fret.com/2012/10/03/mesa-boogie-mark-1-modified-combo-late-70s/

Mesa_Mark-1-combo_late-70s.jpg

Mesa_Mark-1-combo_late-70s_back.jpg

The cabinet does not match the chassis. Look at the sides and grill. Not sure about the chassis itself.

The Chassis looks legit, and the transformers etc look like they are original (as far as I can tell from that 1 shot i mean)

You might as well try it out.
you should see signatures (likely by Randall Smith) and a date on the underside of the chassis.

I think in general not many people care about the Mk1 (a shame really...)
maybe its a dud, maybe its not. but if it has been sitting there for a while, try to talk him down on price (especially the FX Loop mod and mismatched shell...

Latest posts

Back