Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trackerdan

Reaction score
Well here is my latest acquisition. The cabinet cleaned up reall nice with warm water and sponge and compressed air.

Sounds great even with original preamp tubes.

TD

Nice!! Looks fantastic with the gold grill. I think one of these will be my next purchase.

Congratulations!!

I use to own a Subway Rocket but sold it (and regret it) but something had to go at the time.
But always thought of this amp as a “meat & potatoes” amp, but what a great amp! Two channels of tonal bliss! Just for the clean sound alone this amp is worth the money IMO. I do plan on another in the future in the studio use to love to put the Rocket in a good room with a nice microphone and let it rip the clean sound just transcended so well between those EL84 power tubes and that 10” speaker.

Ohh another thing to get a bad sound out of this amp you would have to go out of your way, just a great amp!!

I couldn't let go of my reverb rocket when I bought my Mk IV. There is just something about it that I can't let go. It's got one of the narliest sounds that I've ever heard, especially through a 2x12. Definitely a keeper!

The Subway Rocket Reverb was my first amp! I sold it a couple of years ago to pay for a holiday...I don't necessarily regret it, but it was a superb amp!

Turn the gain and master up to about 7 a piece on the clean channel, EQ to T8/M7/B5 and hear that sucka sing!

One of those really 'fun' Boogies which it's tough to get a bad sound out of. Contour isn't that good....but the simple EQ and channel controls are great fun. Enjoy it!

Latest posts

Back