Mesa Boogie Coliseum 300 Power Amplifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarhaus

Reaction score
...I have a chance to buy a Mesa Boogie Coliseum 300 (rackmount) Power Amplifier, I believe its about 200 watts a side, I cant find any information on these old amps, if anyone has any information about these or even an idea of price, I sure appreciate it.........

Thx

I saw one sell on Ebay for a reasonable $600 but have also seen a Strategy 500 sell for more. Just depends on the condition and economy. A used 20/20 can sell for more than a 50/50.

The Coliseum 300 Delivers Big Block Torque. Twelve 6L6s recreate all the heinous glory of two Triple Rectifier Solo Heads in one four space rack. Over 200 crushing watts of ugly attitude (per channel) keep high-gain crunch tight and focused even at volumes that are loud, Loud, LOUD. Tutored by SmartPowerTM, Half Drive tames this beast, making its wild horse-power more manageable. Combining Deep and Modern is the catalyst for recreating the explosive sound of the Triple Rec's Red Channel...the sickest sound in metal. Not a tool for the timid or faint-of-heart, the Power of Aggression gives it the Right to Rule and Crowns the 300 the King of Coliseum Crunch.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/Coliseum_300/coliseum_300.html

Also check page 3 in this link.

http://www.jedistar.com/pdf/Mesa%20Boogie%201999_reference_guide.-3.pdf

Ultimate in Mesa Boogie clean headroom for guitar. This power amp would run a wall of 4x12 cabs. ****, I need one.

Has to be heavier than a house though. My stage rig runs through an old Mesa power amp running 4 tubes per side at 95 watts. It is in its own 4 space rack and its like carrying a truck.

If you have a full stack or plan on getting one (or two) buy this amp!!!!!!

It's an amazing power amp about 200 watts per side stereo, I have number 35. It'll run on 6L6 or EL-34's with a flip of the bias switch. It also has deep, modern and half power switches that can be triggered with cables from a triaxis or grounded plugs. I have my triaxis linked to the 300, so each tri preset can be saved to use any number of the switching options.

It's possible to have seemingly unlimited headroom on clean settings and saturated power clipping for distortion tones. I run 2 marshall 1960 4X12 cabs with this rig. The great thing is I can get excellent low volume tones in a room with this thing. It all depends on how the pre to power amp volume is set up.

If it's in good shape and you need(want) a rig that can deliver insane volume and also be usable in a home practice situation(with a triaxis) go for it!! It's been reliable too, no problems since I bought it in the mid-late 1990's.

Here are some photos of it before I updated to a single rack with just a triaxis, tc gforce, and the 300 -

DSC01535.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

DSC01766.jpg

Back