• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa/Boogie C++ FRAUD ALERT!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Here's a current eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-MARK-II-C-100-watt-head_W0QQitemZ220314218524QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item220314218524&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

It's a SCAM! Same amp & description (this time they didn't list the serial number) that keeps showing up for sale by a zero feedback eBay seller, here's a recent discussion:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=25449

Same amp - Please don't be a fool and bid or even worse send and money to this seller!

This guy doesn't live too far from me (supposedly). The interesting thing though...now that E-Bay/Paypal has changed their policies, the fact that this guy has no feedback and this is a high dollar item means they should hold the money in Paypal until it's confirmed shipped and received and 3 days have passed.

That amp in the picture is S/N # 13530 that amp is physically out in the U.K. read that post I quoted above...

Anyway, just a point of advise, if you can see the amp in person and all checks out then consider buying - but the fact is there is no amp so don't get scammed!

This is definitely familiar. I'm also very curious on how he's gonna get paid with the new ebay policy for sellers under 100 feedbacks.

jerseydrew said:
This is definitely familiar. I'm also very curious on how he's gonna get paid with the new ebay policy for sellers under 100 feedbacks.

Yep. As much as I hate the new E-Bay policies with a passion, I don't see how any guys like this are going to get their money since Paypal won't release his funds until a confirmed 3 days after the amp has been delivered and no claim has been filed. That is, unless someone is dumb enough to go around Paypal and send this guy money in some other manner.

Or someone's dumb enough to leave positive feedback BEFORE he receives the amp.

If the buyer leaves positive feedback, the monies are freed up immediately and the seller does NOT have to wait 21 days.

I repeat, would anyone be dumb enough to leave positive feedback before he receives the item?

Latest posts

Back