mesa boogie 1x15 mark combo recommendation

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which 15" mark combo has the best clean channel?

• Mesa / Boogie Mark I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mesa / Boogie Mark II

• Mesa / Boogie Mark III

• Mesa / Boogie Mark IV

• Total voters

sevenstrings7

Reaction score
hello there,

i'm thinking of upgrading my rig with a rare 15" Mark combo just for running in clean mode.
i'm using a 7 string guitar and i would like to use my triple (clean/dist) recto with mesa 4x12 mark cabinet
and a mark 15" mark combo (only the clean channel) at the same time.

my question would be:
which 15" mark combo has the best clean channel?

thanks in advance!
all the best,
martin

From the website:

"...it would be remiss to not mention the most rare of all the MESA/Boogie amps made." "MESA states that about 300 Mark I, 249 Mark IIA, 550 Mark IIB 100 Watt 15 inch combo models were made."

So good luck with that :eek: and its probably worth too much to gig with and potentially degrade its value. :shock:

Best bet is to get a head and cabinet. :D

Thanks for the site though looks interesting.

The beautiful thing is that if you build a combo cab for a Medium width head you can fit a 15" speaker in there.

A new Lonestar for cleans would probably be cheaper then paying for a vintage "RARE" 15" Mark combo. However, the cleans on my MKIV 1 12 are outstanding. I can hang on C1 for hours with a dab of chorus.

hey, thanks a lot for your replies, guys!
i really appreciate your comments.

...but i need a mesa combo with a 15" speaker not with 12". :oops:
so my only hope is to find a RARE 15" mark combo but i still dont know which series should i buy... :)

sevenstrings7 said:
hey, thanks a lot for your replies, guys!
i really appreciate your comments.

...but i need a mesa combo with a 15" speaker not with 12". :oops:
so my only hope is to find a RARE 15" mark combo but i still dont know which series should i buy... :)

But why do you need exactly a 15"? Why does it matter so much?

...because i'm using a 7 string guitar and would like to use a 15" guitar combo with my 4x12 cab at the same time.
baba.gif

Latest posts

Back