Mesa amp switcher and ??????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalblitz84

Reaction score
I was wondering if you would be able to use the GCX Ground Control Pro with the Mesa High Gain Amp Switcher alone or do you have to have the GCX rack switcher as well. Thanks!

The GCP can do some switching on the Mesa switcher. If you were to buy the GCX as well, there would be no point to having the mesa switcher as that would be a redundant piece of gear.

So if you happen to have the mesa switcher already, then all you would really need is the GCP. However, the GCX is capable of doing more things like looping pedals plus the GCX has a built in buffer which some guys with long cable runs can benefit from

So with just the Mesa switcher and just the Ground Control Pro I will be able to switch between my two heads without any problems??? Thanks for the reply!

Shouldn't be a problem. I never used a ground control pro but it does have relay outs. So the relay outs should be able to turn the loops of the mesa switcher on and off. But you will have to program the GCP to do what you want it to.

Latest posts

Back