Mesa 4x12 Cabs help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
standard="oversized". very bass heavy. good for the nu-metal chugga chugga chunk. think godsmack and that sorta huge sound where the bass hits your chest.

traditional=normal sized, as marshalls, etc. can still sound huge depending on your EQ, but the sound is definately tighter. perfect for thrash metal, speed metal, that sorta thing where quick articulation is necessary.

this is not to say some who plays one style only plays the specified cab, but these are the stereotypes and they hold true. if you got an already tight amp, you could be ok with standard. if you got a recto amp and think it's a already rather bass boomy, you may want the trd. look up your fav bands and see what they use in the studio, then reflect on what styles you'll play.

The type of stuff I play is a combinaiton of Jam Band music (like phish) and metal (buckethead, dream theater, metallica, etc.) I'm also influence by virtuoso type music like vai and satch.

I am most likely going to be getting a 2 chan dual rectifier head. I am in the process of selling my marshall half stack right now.

I wasn't sure about that cuz it doesn't say cabinets in the other sections, only under the bass section. I thought it was kinda weird, hehe. So, have I been given accurate info that corresponds to guitar, or no?

Latest posts

Back