Mesa 212

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allcountyfair

Reaction score
I just got a 2x12 to add to my 4x12 and triple rectifier woohoo! :D

My question is since it is an 8 ohm cabinet and the 4x12 is as well do i plug them both into the 2 4 ohm inputs on the back of the head or the 2 8 ohm inputs?

Also, what do you guys think is better...plug them both directly into the head OR plug the 4x12 into the head and the 2x12 into the 4x12?

Really doesn't matter...you could go seperately from the head to each...then each is an 8 ohm.

If you chain, then it will be 4 ohm!

ibanez4life SZ! said:
Really doesn't matter...you could go seperately from the head to each...then each is an 8 ohm.

If you chain, then it will be 4 ohm!

WRONG!!!

The total ohm load on the amp using both cabs at 8 ohms each is 4 ohms.... plug them into the 4 ohm load weather you daisy chain them or plug them directly into the head.

This question doesn't really belong here probably but it has got something to do with it anyway
Do you think there is a big sound difference between the 2*12 and 4*12
Thanks guys
(or maybe girls too)
(how many chicks would play mesa/boogie)

I'm just curious. In the catalog and else where I've seen 4x12 cabinets sitting on top of 2x12 cabinets. Just curious why this setup instead of the 2x12 on top of the 4x12? Thanks.

if its a slant 4x12 cab then the 2x12 will not fit on top unless you have a case for the 4x12. The 2x12 is the size of the bottom section of a 4x12 if you cut the 4x12 in half. I plan to get cases for them so i can put the 2x12 on top of the 4x12...that looks better in my opinion.

pmb said:
This question doesn't really belong here probably but it has got something to do with it anyway
Do you think there is a big sound difference between the 2*12 and 4*12
Thanks guys
(or maybe girls too)
(how many chicks would play mesa/boogie)

There doesnt seem to be much of a sound difference, but i kind of like the 2x12 alone better then the 4x12 alone...idk why.

allcountyfair: I have the same set-up as you and asked this a week or so ago. You need two speaker cables. Both speaker cables coming out of both 4ohm jacks in the back of your head with 1 speaker cable going to the 8ohm in the 4x12 and then the other cable going to the 8ohm in for the 2x12 as well. Hope you get it all figured out.

-Patrick

Latest posts

Back