Maveric build/quality control issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoner

Reaction score
As mentioned in another post (my only other so far), I have been running a Maverick 4x10 combo live (and loud = hot! I could cook my breakfast on the chassis after a show, and it has NOTHING to do with my playing!) and have the following issues with it:

There is a slight but annoying delay when switching channels. Anyone else have this going on? If so, was it repaired or is it design?

The knobs can get "pushed in" while moving it around and they will not function properly, needing to be tugged on to restore function. I spent 30 + anxious minutes at my last gig thinking I had a bum cable(no signal) somewhere but found the lead channel master pot was not turning right until I pulled on it and all was well again. Anyone had problems with their pots or controls?

It's too heavy. What are the best casters for a beast like this? Anyone do the Fender tilt-back leg thing on one of these?

I'm hoping to use this amp for awhile to gig with as I continue to sort out what will stay and what will go, but if I learn the Maverick is troublesome I will send it down the road before it ceases to function. Thanks for any input and words of widom from fellow Maverick users. Peace. Z

the delay thing is part of the design.

Any properly attached casters should be fine. If you dont want to drill into it invest in a skateboard.

Sounds like your pots just need to be replaced. If you lived near the Mesa shop, you could take it in to them and theyd do it for free. Of course, you could probably ship it to them and end up with the same results, but this would cost more than finding a local guy to take care of it for you.

good luck!

Yes, there is a delay when switching channels. The guys at Mesa say this is because of the power amp section 'reconfiguring' for each channel. (Actually, they're sort of secretive and mysterious about the Dual Rectifier's design in this regard.)

As far as the pots are concerned, I've had trouble with them getting bumped, even by just leaning my guitar against it, and the back of the pot coming off. This causes the wiper to disengage from the rheostat (I think that's the right word). If you take out the chassis, you'll find that the back can be re-attached by pushing it back together and folding down the little tabs that hold the back on. They're really sort of cheap pots, but it's an easy fix.

Latest posts

Back