MarkIII

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you MIGHT want to search for various forum member settings with an eye on what tone you want to hear and what guitar you are using. these amps can make just about any tone. any tone. but, you must experiment. also, don't expect a chicken picking tele tone in ch 1 and death metal on ch 2 AT THE SAME TIME. it's a shared signal path, you can't change it THAT much.

There is a little bit of a learning curve for set up of a MarkIII. Just play with the settings a little bit and you can get great crunch without the fizz. It is all part of the fun of owning a Mesa!

I spent a good amount of time with my Mark III blue stripe last night (hadn't used it that much recently) and I continue to be amazed at the tonal possibilities within the amp. You can literally go from dead clean to Metallica-style metal (and anything in between). It's all Boogie flavored (a good thing, IMO), but it's in there. If you have a style in mind, you'll be able to get pretty close, I would think. The learning curve is a bit steep, but part of the fun, too. One of the most versatile pieces of gear I have.

Latest posts

Back