Mark4 cord holder problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiff

Reaction score
As you can see from the pic, the cord holder extends down below the rubber feet on my M4. Is this typical? It seems like it can't possibly be normal... maybe a previous owner changed the feet and/or the cord holder?

cord-wrapper-small.jpg

If that were my head I would remove the cord holder and just use a velcro strap to wrap the cord up for transport.

It is not worth tearing up the tolex on your cab.

You could rig the feet with longer screws and washers if you wanted to extend the feet.

On second thought...lose the cord holder.

yea, I just removed it. I never really used it anyways since it's pain. I think it's better since it probably transfered more than usual vibrations to the chasis. Just seems odd that it was like that...

kiff said:
yea, I just removed it. I never really used it anyways since it's pain. I think it's better since it probably transfered more than usual vibrations to the chasis. Just seems odd that it was like that...

One of my older Mark IV's had that as well. I just took it off and used a velcro cable tie for the power cord.

If it were me, I'd just put some black spacers (perhaps a square piece of wood painted black) under the feet (between the feet and the head tolex) to boost the height of the amp a 1/2" or so, so that the only thing contacting the cab below are the head's feet.

Latest posts

Back