Mark V Stupid EQ question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcg71

Reaction score
I know I'm going to sound like an idiot and that's ok... :lol: I've never owned a Mark, so bare with me, does the graphic EQ when engaged take over in place of, OR add to the channel EQ? I'm still learning how to tweak...as i read in another thread where the person was a classic rock player and rolling the bass down didn't make sense, well I'm in agreement :lol:

Any help would be appreciated.

If you are refering to the bass, mid and trebble knobs then no, the GEQ does not replace these rather comes after. This is refered to as post tone control and you can be a little more extreme in post tone than on the knobs. By the way, thats not a stupid question, you just need to join the mark amp world :D

marcg71 said:
I know I'm going to sound like an idiot and that's ok... :lol: I've never owned a Mark, so bare with me, does the graphic EQ when engaged take over in place of, OR add to the channel EQ? I'm still learning how to tweak...as i read in another thread where the person was a classic rock player and rolling the bass down didn't make sense, well I'm in agreement :lol:

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes as Ryjan pointed out the graphic eq is post tone and thats very important for your to understand. Usually in most amps, their eq is post. However in the MArk its pre. And why thats helpful for you to know, is because of that fact you shouldnt consider the tone control on the amp as you are used to on others. The treble for instance doesnt really act like treble but instead it adds to the gain. I find it helpful for rythm (distorted riff) to run the gain pretty low to clean up the sound (and be able to hear each note of a full chord) and run the treble high. Also the bass control here isnt really that either i consider it to me a "smoothing" control where it adds roundness and warmth. Dialed in too high it gets unfocused which is why you should think about the bass control as the lower frequency of the graphic eq and the bass as warmth control if you want.

Ok the part where i said post/pre, thats guaranteed and its stated in the manual (should be if im correct).
The rest is up to you to experiment with, but thats how i see it.

And dont forget whatever you do... Have fun!!

Takecare

Latest posts

Back