Mark V lead tone vs rhythm tone...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phyrexia said:
the mark i portion of the clip everyone's watching sounds like it has nearly as much gain as my mark IIIs...i don't think people should get too hung up on IIC+ and IV modes on the same channel. especially without playing the **** thing :p

+1

rabies said:
wow that's a sick rig. as progressive as DT is, you'd think he would start using more variety of amps in terms of different manufacturers (maybe VHT?)....

his boomy recto sound was offensive when i saw DT. sounded very "underground" in terms of lack of mids and lots of bass. i didn't like that sound (but I'm an EL34 marshall guy).

I have no doubt in my mind he's played a huge variety of amps (probably owns a wide variety as well), but when something works you stick with it. In all honesty his tone has gotten progressively better with time. At times i break out Awake and cringe at some of the guitar tones... very 80s and processed but hey that was the times. I think with the exception of octavarium, the last 4 albums or so have had some incredible tone no matter if it was the Marks or the RK.

Latest posts

Back